Countries

Friday, November 25, 2011

Next Phase: Mendoza

Finals ended this week, thankfully, and last night was my program's goodbye ceremony. (Located at a surprisingly ritzy place, where two types of celebration fused: the dance party disco balls and music mixed with with an elegant dinner party scene with waiters politely carrying appetizers).

Now I'm off to volunteer for 18 days on a farm in the province of Mendoza, known for it's wine and, unfortunately, I'm learning, for being even hotter than Buenos Aires in November. It is sweltering here, with a high humidty, yet Starbucks has started putting little ice skaters on its advertisements. I'm volunteering as part of a WOOF program, where I'll work 6-7 hours a day and get free meals and shelter (I'm camping with a friend from the program). The town I"m going to apparently has very good apples, and I think that's about all I know. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment